Coming to Lille
Lille has 2 train stations situated in the city centre.
● Lille Flandres: regional trains and direct TGV from Paris
● Lille Europe: Eurostar for London and Brussels and several direct TGV for French and European countries.
Lille-Lesquin airport is located 10 km from the centre of Lille. A shuttle bus runs between the airport and the city centre. By train, Lille is also located less than an hour away from two international airports: Paris Charles de Gaulle and Brussels Zaventem.
Lille Flandres: regional trains and direct TGV from Paris
● 1hr from Brussels (E429/E17)
● 2hrs from Paris (EAE1/E42)
● From the UK, Eurotunnel from Folkestone to Calais, then to Lille by the motorway A25.
2 metro lines:
● Line 1 : Villeneuve d’Ascq 4 Cantons <> Lille CHU-Eurasanté
● Line 2 : Lomme Saint Philibert <> Tourcoing CH Dron
2 trams lines:
● Tramway R : Roubaix Eurotéléport <> Gare Lille Flandre
● Tramway T : Tourcoing centre <> Gare Lille Flandres
60 bus routes
Rent a bike with V’Lille in the self-service stations situated in Lille and surroundings.
Coming to Lilliad
- From Lille: A25/E42 motorway (20 minutes)
- From Paris: A1 motorway (3h)
- From Brussels: E429/E42 motorway (1h20)
Line 1 : Villeneuve d’Ascq 4 Cantons <> Lille CHU-Eurasanté
Cte Scientifique stop (5 minutes walk)
We suggest a list of hotels situated in the city centre and near the 2 trains stations Lille Europe and Lille Flandres.
Get a discount for your hotel room reservation !
How to get the discount?
You can get it in 2 ways :
- Send an email or call the hotel saying that you come for the IRTC Conference. You must specify that you are coming from WeLOOP.
- Enter the discount code on the hotel website during your online booking.
Find out our partners hotels for IRTC 2023 Conference.
Instructions about how to book a room are also mentionned below.
Lille is the capital of the Hauts-de-France region. Close to the Belgian border and at the heart of an international hub including Brussels, London and Paris, these three cities are less than an hour by train from Lille. Thus, its geographical location is beneficial to international exchanges.
Lille is a city full of history. In the beginning, “L’Isle” was an island encircled by the Deûle river (still present today), promoting a river trade.
The city is distinguished by different cultures, as the Spanish and the Flemish, hence its diverse architecture. It is a place full of history with many cultural spots, several architecture styles and monuments. Since 2004, Lille has become the European Capital of Culture. The city has several art museums such as the Palais des Beaux-Arts, the Piscine, Le LaM, as well as travelling exhibitions and concerts locations such as the Tri Postal, the Gare Saint-Sauveur, the Fresnoy or the Villa Cavrois. All kinds of art can be found there.
Wanted by Lille’s Science and Technology university and the Hauts de France Region, in partnership with the competiveness and excellence hubs, LILLIAD Learning Center Innovation has been open since September 2016.
LILLIAD Learning Center Innovation established a striking sign of campus openness and an access point to the university for everybody. It comes from a deep renovation / extension of the old central University Library and its surroundings.
As a meeting and knowledge circulation space, LILLIAD Learning Center Innovation is accessible to all members of the university community, as well as companies, visionaries, secondary schools and the general public.